Alabama Defense Attorney for Drug Crimes
If you or a family member have been charged with the possession, manufacture, transportation, or trafficking of drugs, it is essential that you retain an attorney as soon as possible.
Law enforcement may choose to pursue drug charges to the full extent of the law, and depending on what charges are levied against you, you may be facing significant penalties.
Types of Drug Offenses:
A drug crime can be classified as either a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the amount and type of drug and whether or not this is your first offense.
- If you have been caught with the possession of a large amount of certain classifications of drugs, you may be charged with sale and distribution as well, a crime with stiffer penalties than a charge of simple possession for personal use.
- There are additional penalties for offenses that occur near a school, or drug sales to anyone under 18 years of age.
- In some situations, federal drug penalties may also apply.
Defending a drug charge is complex, and expert legal counsel is needed to ensure all of your defense avenues are pursued.
Questions may arise regarding:
- your personal history
- whether there were others involved in the crime
- whether the drugs were intended for personal use and not distribution
Sometimes, the evidence is not clear on who had actual ownership of the drugs in question, and whether the evidence was handled properly by the police.
An Experienced Defense Lawyer Can Help
All of these factors illustrate the need for expert legal counsel such as the Stamps Law Group.
The Stamps Law Group can defend your rights and reputation if you have been charged with any type of drug crime.
It is important that you retain legal representation as quickly as possible, as not only are there significant penalties involved, any record of a drug offense may also be detrimental to your chances in the job market.
If you have been charged with a drug crime, contact The Stamps Law Group today for a consultation. We are here to “Fight the Good Fight,” and we will work aggressively to ensure that you have the strongest defense possible.
Call us now at (866) JTLAW-66 or (866) 585-2966.